Celebrate Life Magazine is a publication of American Life League. It continues to be the pro-life movement’s premier publication. Our mission is to inspire, encourage, and educate individuals to build a culture of life.
Celebrate Life Magazine is faith based and features human-interest stories, news, action items, information, and advice on a wide range of matters concerning the sanctity of human beings and human personhood. Each issue features a variety of articles, all of which must be in harmony with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Celebrate Life Magazine offers writers a national venue for their work, and we are pleased to consider your article or article pitch for publication. We purchase first rights to original material, including book reviews. As a general rule, we do not accept reprints, poetry, songs, music, art, or works of fiction.
- Building a Culture of Life
- Contraception and sterilization
- Elder care and respect for the dignity of the elderly
- Stem cell research or therapy—moral and immoral approaches
- Exceptions in abortion laws (i.e., for rape, incest, life of the mother, gross fetal deformity, etc.)—why we must oppose them
- Human cloning
- Human personhood and the personhood movement
- Infertility—moral and immoral approaches
- Marriage, as it relates to other topics on this list
- Miscarriage and stillbirth
- False definitions of death
- Organ/tissue donation—moral and immoral approaches
- Natural family planning
- Parenting in accordance with pro-life/pro-chastity values
- Population control and population decline
- Pro-life activists and heroes
- Pro-life/anti-life activities and legislation/initiatives
- Sex education
- Special-needs children/parenting/adoption
- Special-needs/disabled/chronically ill adults
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Vaccines made from aborted babies or human embryonic materials; vaccines for sexually transmitted diseases (such as Gardasil)
Examples of potential articles/pitches:
- Interviews with prominent pro-life activists
- Current laws and their effect on pro-lifers
- Interviews with birth mothers, adoptive mothers, and people who were adopted as children
- Interviews with rape or incest victims who didn’t abort their babies (emphasis on the fact that we cannot allow exceptions in our defense of life, and that abortion—a traumatic procedure—does not relieve but only exacerbates the initial trauma of the rape or incest)
- How to start a pro-life activity or group in your community or church
Please submit articles or article pitches to Celebrate Life Magazine via e-mail. Articles should be attached to your email as a Microsoft Word document; include your name and article title in the subject line. If absolutely necessary, you may paste the article directly into the body of your email.
Please include the following on the top of the first page of your submission:
- article title
- author’s name
- address and daytime phone number
- e-mail address and/or fax number
- approximate word count
Limit article length to 1,500 words, including any sidebars, unless instructed otherwise by the Celebrate Life Magazine editorial staff.
Current-events articles, holiday articles, and articles with appropriate photos or artwork get top priority in our processing procedure.
Celebrate Life Magazine believes that each story is enhanced by photos of its subjects and characters, which help draw in the readers. Articles submitted with appropriate pictures (or for which pictures are available) receive highest priority. We will be happy to accept photos for articles as either digital files or hard-copy originals, and have prepared these guidelines to help you provide us images of the best quality.
- Images can be sent via email, a link to a file hosting service (such as Dropbox), or mailed to American Life League on a USB stick.
- Digital photos need to be uncompressed, high resolution JPEG files (.jpg) or TIFF (.tif) files.
- The minimum file size that will be accepted is 600 x 900 pixels (two inches by three inches, at a resolution of 300 dpi [dots per inch]). We prefer images of 2240 x 1680 pixels or higher.
- Please note that images that look great on a web page won’t always work in print. For example, a 360 x 504 pixel image that appears to be 5 x 7 inches at the web resolution of 72 dpi will shrink to 1 x 1.5 inches at the print resolution of 300 dpi.
Hard-copy original photograpic prints:
The design department for Celebrate Life Magazine has an excellent color scanner. We welcome any original photos that you send to accompany your article, and we will take the utmost care in handling them and ensuring their safe return.
If you need help with any part of this process, we will be happy to assist in whatever way we can. Contact us with any questions.